Pros and Cons
While looking for that perfect gift for my daughter for her birthday or simply a coffee lover at heart, the Nespresso coffee machine may be the ideal solution.
From Expresso to cappuccino, Nespresso coffee makers “stir” controversy and calculated opinions both with competitive, scale tipping pros and cons.
While investigating the purchase of the capsules I discovered without warning from the salesman that the Nespresso coffee capsules can only be purchased from Nespresso company which can sometimes put you in a bind if you are having a dinner party and the coffee refills were accidently not on the grocery list. The website allows you to only purchase quantities of 50 at a time.
Advertised with many designs and features from sleek to modern, high tech, retro and sophisticated. Price ranging from $199.00 to $699.00 Accessories available including milk frother creating a light creamy hot or cold milk froth starting at $99.00
1. The machine is low maintenance
3. Capsules have the same amount of coffee each time
4. Always consistent and enjoyable, silky and smooth tasting
1. Environmentally unfriendly by people’s choice
2.The capsules prove to be a waste and recycling still not perfected
3. The cost, $.60 to$.70 cents per capsule depending on flavor
4. The coffee costs a bit more than whole beans or pre-ground coffee
5. Can only be purchased from Nespresso, arrives in just a few days when ordered online.Shipping fee added to purchase. Can be up to $6.95
6. Nespresso quotes that their machine brews with accurate water temperature, pressure and always the same degree of humidity (0%) in every capsule. Some of this is correct, although most of the time the coffee is not hot enough especially if you add cream and froth. You almost need to add hot water and brew again.
7. Some try to save the environment by cleaning and refilling the capsule, but this proves to be time consuming and not much fun.
With all this said, I will admit I do love my Nespresso machine. I purchased the “Pixie”and our family is enjoying every minute and every cup. We are learning to deal with the pros and cons and order our coffee capsules before they run out so we have them all the time. We are not big coffee drinkers, but it is a pleasure to entertain the thought of that yummy delicious sensation of a smooth, delightful cappuccino at any time of day.